- Serves: 3 People
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cooking: 25 min
- Calories: 625
- Difficulty: medium
Gatte ki Sabji is a delight from the Rajasthani cuisine, Gatte are basically cooked gram flour dumplings which are added to the spicy curd gravy. It can be served for lunch or dinner in usual days and at dinner parties at home as well. This mouthwatering delight is full of spices and flavors that you just can’t resist.
- In one container take besan, add cumin seeds, baking powder, oil, curd, salt, chilly & turmeric powder in to it & make a thick dough (if needed add little amount of water ).
- Divide the dough in to 3-4 pieces. Roll every piece & cut them in to small capsule like pieces. (These are the Gatte).
- Now add these gatte in to the boiled water & allow them to boil up to 10-12min (when gatte boiled properly they will appear on a surface of water) remove the water from boiled gatte & keep them aside.
- Roast the peanuts, coconut, poppy seeds, cumin seeds, bay leaves, cloves, black pepper, and coriander seeds. Grind them & make a fine paste of it.
- Heat a pan, add oil in it then add ginger-garlic paste & then add ground paste in it. After 3-4 min, this paste leave the oil, now add turmeric, chilly powder & salt in it & mix it well with the paste.
- Finally add water in it to make a curry & let it cook for 2-3min. Add Gatte in curry & cook for 5 min.
- Remove it from fire & garnish it with coriander leaves and sprinkle Ruchi Garam Masala.