- Serves: 2 People
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cooking: 5 hrs
- Calories: 632
- Difficulty: easy
This easy is to make custard ice-cream is rich & creamy and the perfect indulgence on a hot summer afternoon. This silky, luscious and very classic custard ice-cream can be used as the base for any ice cream flavor you can think of.
- Boil the milk in a saucepan, reserving 3 tbsp of milk aside. Mix the custard powder in the 3 tbsp of milk into a smooth paste without any lumps.
- Add this custard mixture to the boiled milk and keep the flame low. Stir it continuously for 2 minutes. The mixture will give thick custard. Let it be like a dosa batter consistency.
- Add sugar to it and put off the flame. Allow this custard to cool down completely. When done, add cream to this and whip in the mixer for a minute. (To the custard powder mixture, instead of sugar, you can add condensed milk to get a rich taste.)
- Pour this mixture in a freezer safe box and freeze it for an hour.
- After that take out and whip it again for a minute. Repeat this step 2 times. This is to avoid the formation of ice and to get a creamy texture after doing the whipping process for 3 times freeze the Ice cream mixture for 5-6 hours. (You can add nuts to this after you finish off the whipping process. You will get the nutty bits while having ice cream.)
- Your vanilla custard powder Ice cream is done, enjoy!