- Serves: 4 People
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cooking: 20 min
- Calories: 326
- Difficulty: easy
Daliya Kheer or Meetha Daliya is very healthy and delicious Indian dessert made with cracked wheat. Because of it's healthy attributes and delicious taste, Daliya Kheer is very popular breakfast dish in India, mostly in the Northern part of the country.
- Crush almonds and roast them in 1/2 tsp ghee on low heat for 2 mins. Keep them aside.
- Heat 1 tsp ghee in a frying pan on low flame, add daliya to it and roast for about 3-4 mins, or until it gives a nice aroma, stirring continuously. Then turn off the heat.
- Now, take a pressure cooker and add milk and water to it, heat it for a minute without covering a lid. Then, add daliya, roasted almond, raisins and sugar to it. Stir well and cover the lid of pressure cooker.
- Cook on medium heat for 5 mins, then simmer it for 10 mins. Or until Daliya gets properly cooked.
- Sprinkle cardamom powder. Serve RUCHI Daliya Kheer hot or let it get cool at room temperature.